Wednesday 6 November 2013

Lily lolo - Classic & Metallics collection




So I was kindly given the opportunity to review the new Shimmer strip from the  Christmas Classics and metallics collection. There are 2 shimmer strips released and 2 eyeshadow palettes. 
This is my review on the Rose glow shimmer strip. 

They say :
Create a radiant sheen with our limited edition pressed Shimmer Stripes. A perfect mix of 

shimmering pink and white stripes to give a dazzling rosy glow to cheeks or use the individual shades 

as stunning, glistening eye shadows.

Super soft pressed powder with a gentle natural formula, Handbag and 

makeup friendly compact complete with mirror, Sheer and light colour which can be built in layers 

to achieve a lasting, shimmering finish, Use with the Powder Brush for flawless application on 

cheeks, Use with the Eye Shadow Brush to apply individual shades to eyelids, Perfect for adding a 

little shimmer to the collarbone, shoulders and décolletage


The packaging is a beautiful grey with a floral detailing in white. I love simple packaging as I feel less is more and the main star is of course the product within. 
Now the Christmas collection is within the white compacts and it has a texture to the case but a subtle one. I like this as it brings the level from plastic looking to more unique. My overall standpoint on packaging is that, yes I like a nice package but I'd rather a simple one if it means better quality of product. Lily lolo is a mineral brand, I can say this has been a fabulous introduction to what they have to offer. 


So as you can see above the packaging in the white with the Lily lolo imprinted in the compact. It's beautiful wrote on there and it would be a compact if happily use in my handbag when I go to appointments. 


So within the compact is strips of different sized colours. 5 seperate beautiful colours, as you can see above the colours are highly pigmented and buttery. I personally like to keep the colours seperate and clean to keep the pigments fresh. However I can say from putting all the colours on my wrist, they then blended together amazingly to produce this shimmery beautiful rosey pink colour. 
If your like me you can get a small brush and just apply the colours and blend well on the cheek. It was easy to apply the white highlight on top, then use the pink shade and apply the bronze shade under to do a graduated contour. You can then take a blending brush or powder brush to blend these together so they merge to a beautiful colour. I honestly thought it would be difficult, but no it was so easy as the pigment and texture was perfect. 

I also love there is a less shimmer bronze so you can use that one for day time, then the more shimmery version to transition into a night time look. I would also happily use this for eyeshadow to achieve a lovely autumn pinky/gold bronze look. You have the highlight to help transition and blend plus add that shimmer effect and add a slight highlight to the brow. Perfect all round compact with endless possibilities of looks at your fingertips. 

I'm so impressed with this offering from Lily lolo that I would encourage anyone looking for pigmented, high quality makeup see there range. 



9 comments:

  1. I love the look of this, every photo I see of it makes me wonder if I should try it x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fabulous colours and compacts ... Let me know if u do get one xx as I'd love to see ur review xx

      Delete
  2. That is so pretty I love metallic colors, in fact I just purchased a new metallic palette so I am going to be reviewing it soon. These colors look lovely on your skin :)

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hunni , oh fabulous I must come read what you think when you have reviewed it . Be wonderful to see the palette in action xx

      Delete
  3. love your blog, would you like to follow each other? let me know and I will follow u back dear
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments and I'd love to follow your blog x

      Delete
  4. Recommended Reading h9a68p8g93 louis vuitton fake replica radley bags k6q21o0i14 replica bags near me gucci replica p4a88x2p31 replica bags for sale replica bags seoul redirected here w5a47i2g89 replica bags and watches

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...