Thursday 16 January 2014

Katy perry : Killer Queen perfume




Now I had recieved a small vial of this last summer in the run up to its release. Honestly I wasn't expecting it too be that nice as I rarely find perfumes I like. However I was really surprised, like with the release. I do think celebrity fragrance can be gimicy and with most endorsed fragrance I just find sickly. However I was wrong on this instance. 

They say ; 

" Killer Queen, a charmingly playful yet lethally gorgeous Floriental fragrance, opens with tempting dark berries and lush plum that blend into an opulent floral heart. The softness and grace of the heart is highlighted by the Royal Red Velvet flower that leads into an intoxicating background of precious woods and sensual musk."


Now il be the first to admit that description of fragrance baffles me and I find it becomes a kaffle of words. However I do find that the description to start with on Killer queen to be spot on. It is a richly berry infused fragrance with plums, plus very light notes oriental flowers. It's not florally in the normal sense, it's Definatly an exotic mix of scent. The packaging is divine like a jewel of mixed colours and gold crown top. I would say this is stunning laid upon a perfume tray, but I would have loved a holder too set it into. I would worry after a while that it may go flying off my counter as it's pure glass so maybe not such a good idea. It's just stunning to look at daily amongst my other fragrances. 


I love fruity scents that compliment without over powering. This scent is multi-seasonal being that it's rich dark berry undertones, can carry the winter and spring being that they are summer fruits.  
It disperses so evenly that you get nice hints of the scent as it fads through the day. Now that is my only qualm in that these scents don't last the whole day, you do find yourself needing a little spritz in the middle of the afternoon. Now I say this as in 2 max as I'm not a 4+ spritz kinda gal, I like it too be subtle as honestly I can find any over scenting to be quite queesy. Also I can't detect the musk and woods it's describing, then again I haven't a conosouir nose by which to detect each undertone. 


So overall I'm in love with Katy Perry's Killer Queen scent. If you love berry rich scents that verge on the exotic without being overwhelming. Then this is your scent and I urge you to gain a tester vial from your local perfume supplier. Let me know any favourite scents or perfumes you loved in 2013. 



1 comment:

  1. It sounds lovely....I've never smelt it but I love the bottle!!

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...