Friday 21 February 2014

Birchbox - February 2014 ( We love your style )




Box time of the year and it's febuary so all valentine themed boxes. Mostly makeup indulged I hope for that night with a loved one. Honestly everyday is nice and loved, so one day is not a deal breaker for me. However I hope you all had a lovely day, in whichever way you chose to spend it. So shall we see the birchbox contribution for the month. 


Taking a totally different route then valentines, birchbox went with fashion week theme. "We love your style" so was a box for all no matter your marital status. Bravo !!


Contents of the box ;

- Eyeko : Skinny liner (mini sample in black) 
- Leighton Denny Nail polish (Full size)
- Beauty protector : Protect & Oil
- Janijra spa concentrate - Facial serum 
- Gilchrist & Soames - The London collection shower gel
- Extra : Mini bar of Green & Blacks rich dark chocolate. 

Review and product overview


Eyeko Skinny liner in mini sample size, colour black is an item I have had in full size. Honestly I did not get on with this, as I found it dragged and flaked off. It didn't give a strong black colour pigment I like, so I'm going to try it again. Let's see if second time around it proves me wrong. 

Leighton Denny : Nail polish again ? Seriously ?? I'm not saying it's not a fabulous brand. Just every box it feels like nail polish is the staple item of the month. Please can we have something different. I have enough to fill a pool that I'm begging people to take them. 

Beauty protector : Protect and oil is just right up my alley as I love hair oils. I have dry hair as it's naturally curly so I do need to infuse it with as much nurishments as possible. This tiny bottle will not take long to use up, but it will last a fair few uses. You only need a few drops but with my hair being so long, that's why I'm saying it may only take me a shorter time. 


Gilchrist & Soames - Shower gel is not something I've heard of and I just think again, another shower gel. I have loads and wish I could mix up the products a little bit more. Id love something other then shower gel in every Birchbox, it's like the nail polish senario. 

Janijra facial serum - again is not another brand I'm farmiliar with, it is mainly spa listed. Also it says it should be a 30ml sample, yet the picture above is tiny. I look forward to trying this product, however for a facial concentrate there is only so much you can see with a tiny sample. I'm open minded though to see its effects. 

Other box plus's - 
I loved the cards in this months Birchbox as they were quirky, also the step-by-step guide for eyeliner. It was very impressive. So they were a plus in the box for me too. 


Did you get this months Birchbox ? What were your products ? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...