Sunday 2 March 2014

Fake bake: 60 min tan and Shimmer instant tan




Tanning products have always been a scary and daunting prospect to try. For starters my skin is not even so I have a few pigmentation marks, plus I just can't seem to master non streaky application. 
My sister in law when we have a pamper session, kindly does mine as I don't have much arm strength. Failing a non girlie evening then my husband bless him will assist me to look less ghostly then I am. 
So well known Fake bake is highly recommended and multi award winning, I trusted this brand to deliver high results. 



They say ;
The longest lasting, most natural looking, ultimate fake tan just got even faster. A revolutionary, express, self tan liquid which develops into a beautiful, natural looking tan in 60 minutes. Easy to apply with our “shows where it goes” colour guide, the tanning agents -dihydroxyacetone and erythulose are activated upon contact with the skin. Accelerators speed up the development time and a golden glow can be achieved in an hour. To achieve an even darker tan, there’s no need to re-apply, simply leave 60 Minutes on longer then rinse off the colour guide to reveal the tan. This light weight, fast drying formula is non-sticky and does not clog the pores. Includes re-usable application mitt and step-by-step application advice.
We do not recommend leaving on any longer than three hours.

Well the tan applied and startled me at first as it looked like ink. Very dark and thin consistency, much like ones my sister in law uses in her spray machine. So the addition and supply of a pump was just needed,as this could not be simply wiped on with the mitt. This kit is very impressive, in that you get the pump plus a new lovely pink mitt to use. I would say beginners this is perfect for and pro tanners would love this just as much. So sprayed and then began to work into the skin. It's a non tacky or sticky feeling and very comfortable. As from previous tanning experiences, I usually regret it then want it off within 5 minutes. This formula was lovely to have on the skin. 


Didn't see any pores clogging or feel like I was uncomfortable. First application we went sparcly, simply to see the progress and build a guide to amount you would need. I think it's really an asset to be able to count the pumps, you would use for your arm or leg if your a beginner. 
So we did our arms and my sister in law does her whole body. My arms looked slightly tanned but the next day I did do another application to show a true colour of the tan. I love the fact it's a buildable tan and no chance of having a "tangoed" accident happen. So I'm really impressed with the kit and my sister in law was highly impressed. She loves another brand, so that's high praise indeed. 

Before and after shots 




Instant shimmer tan just sounded so beach and summer time feeling. Really gets you in the mood for the upcoming spring and summer. Healthy glow with a slight shimmer. 

Shimmer instant tan review 


They say ;
Cinderella...you shall go to the ball! No time to tan? No problem. Shimmer gives a radiant, bronzed tan straight away. There's no development time so no need to wait and it simply washes off with soap and water. This non-sticky lotion won't clog pores either and it’s exceptionally good for smoothing out irregular skin tones. Shimmer Instant Tan Lotion will leave your skin glistening and moisturised and the transfer resistant formula means that you won't have to worry about it coming off. So when you need to transform yourself into a Bronzed Goddess in a New York minute.Shimmer ladies, Shimmer.
Again this shimmer tan does what it promises and it doesn't feel uncomfortable. It is a instant tan so I applied before I had my shower. Then that gave me a chance to moisturise, after id washed off the excess to give it more of a natural glow.  So it's a easy lotion consistency that's rubbed in and i wouldn't say overly shimmery either. I found using a all over body bronzer brought this out though. So just a light powder before a night out and this will have you looking healthy and radiant. 
Again the kit came with protective gloves and was fully sealed. 

So my experience of Fake bake products has been a eye opener. I never seriously tanned before as I didn't see the need. However this is the perfect girls pamper s bonding product or for a night on the town. Seeing as I do pamper sessions it was nice to engage in something different. My sister in law always tans so was nice to gain some knowledge, have a giggle whilst we waited for the development time. I love the fake bake kits, as they come with everything needed especially for a beginner. The development and amount needed was subtle and I feel confident using this brand now. I've seen some tragic tanning mistakes and luckily fake bake have got the formula just right. Also my skin was not dry and suffered no ill effects from either formula. Great kits , excellent formula and results, full marks to fake bake. 
Before and after shots 


Do you use Fake tanning products ? What do you think of Fake Bake Tan ? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...