Monday 22 September 2014

Dermalex - Psoriasis scalp repair




Now with it being national eczema awarness week, im going to be doing a mini series of things i find help my skin. Now whilst i dont have eczema, i do have a skin condition called psoriasis. I was kindly sent a sample, of Dermalex's new Repair scalp psoriasis treatment. The one thing that can be tricky with any skin condition, is the scalp area. 



Psoriasis is a chronic, autoimmune disease that appears on the skin. It occurs when the immune system sends out faulty signals that speed up the growth cycle of skin cells.

Common Symptoms ; 
Psoriasis appears as raised red patches covered with a silvery white buildup of dead skin cells called scaling. Found predominantly on the scalp, face, back, elbows, palms, legs and knees. While the actual cause of psoriasis is unknown, it is believed to result from genetic's.

Dermalex : Repair Scalp Psoriasis, a new treatment for mild to moderate scalp psoriasis. Dermalex soothes :
~ itching
~ scaling & flaking
~ irritation & redness
~ fragrance & coal-tar free 

The non-greasy gel absorbs into the skin easily. It can be used on its own or with other treatment.


How to use :
Apply a small amount of Dermalex Repair Scalp Psoriasis,avoiding hair as much as possible. Apply to affected area, let the gel dry. Do not wash out until your next shower. Apply twice a day (morning and evening). Re-apply after hair is washed, or you've had a shower.


Now il give you a little insight into my psoriasis. My triggers tend to be stress, illness,allergies etc. Mine is genetically passed down, with my mother and father having the genes. My psoriasis can abate with sun exposure (always spf protected). 

I always use hydrating mists & creams, at times im prescribed steroid creams. I use exfoliation gloves or natural scrubs to remove dead skin. I do have to do quite a lengthy hair routine.


The one area that wont see much sun is my scalp, thats where Dermalex helps. It has a "funnel" attachment, for the tube of cream. To get the product as close to the scalp as possible. I apply in the morning (after washing) then leave till the second application in the evening. This allows the treatment to sink in fully, plus absorb past the dead layers. I only do this every other day, as i could ruin the hair i have. Which is frizzy enough. 

Its not been comfotable or easy with the heat. However my psoriasis is massively reduced and the symptoms are no more. I would advise fellow sufferers to try this treatment, as i have had less hair loss also. So i will ask my dermatology clinic, if this is available on prescription. Then the findings can be noted and hopefully help others. 

Thank you to Dermalex.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this great article…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tara, I too have been using this and it has been a great help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well. Zincplex.com

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...