Sunday 22 February 2015

Kat Von D Haul (Blush, Primer, Kat eye set)




So Kat von D has been a brand that ive had to love on the sidelines. That was until two of my lovely friend's at christmas spoilt me with gifts from the USA. Sephora delivers to the UK now so finally the USA is accessible, I couldn't be happier. As i believe ive found some lovely Holy grail's. 

Kat Von D Blush - Heartagram

A fade-proof blush with remarkably rich pigment to enhance individual features and the complexion. Be beautifully flushed from sunrise to far past sunset with this long-wearing blush. The smooth, velvety powder glides onto cheeks and effortlessly blends into the pores to enhance the natural radiance of your skin. The fade-proof formula promises up to 24-hours of colour and the rich pigment offers build-able, custom coverage for every skin-tone. 


This blush is stunning, pigmented and vibrant. The deep berry colour with a touch of shimmer. So a small amount is needed on your brush and a good tap off. Blended into your cheek area and working seamlessly with your contour. Gives the most beautiful flushed hint of colour to the cheek. I love the blush and the packaging is also stunning. Etched with the Kat von d roses and her name raised on the box, this hard case feels secure. I didnt have to retouch my blush at any point, so the pigments last very well. Very impressive. 


Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner/Mascara & Face Primer

Mascara mini 
Now unlike the tattoo liner, the mascara is not the best. The mini kits are a fantastic way trial products. I personally found the mascara scary. It's plastic applicator has small and then spaced long spikes to separate the lashes, with a spiked ball end to apply product. However the long spikes are so long, its impossible to reach your smaller lashes. (I poked my eye out) So once i did that, i then set the mascara aside and went "not for me". This is not a product i would purchase again. 


A liquid eyeliner with an innovative brush tip, for effortless precise application. Achieve eye perfection with this high-pigment, waterproof liner that stays put all day. For a fade, crack, and run resistant finish. The superfine and flexible brush tip glides across the lash-line, for incredibly fluid application. Allowing you to create a variety of looks with ease. Unlike traditional felt tip liners, this brush tip will not fray.

This tattoo liner is one of the most impressive ive used. Now thats high praise as im a gel and brush user, due to the fact i can never find a pen that does what i want. Most will drag and not give me the amount of product i want as i apply. This is a brush tip applicator gives a even amount of product, so it applies like a dream. The pigment is rich and the deepest black. I applied a perfect wing with no drag, even on the reverse back when connecting. Which is the part i find most liners drag, yet her design has eliminated this. I can say i will repurchase as its so easy to use. I did find the bigger wing with more product felt a little wet, so i looked down for a few seconds so it was fully dry. Once dry it does not smudge, chip or fade at all. 


Kat Von D - Lock-it Primer 

A lightweight, water-based face primer that hydrates, smoothes, and protects skin while it reduces the appearance of pores-creating the perfect canvas for long-wear foundation application.

This primer is beautiful. Its a silky cream that glides onto the skin, absorbs to give a soft even base. Now with my dry skin this is essential to have a even base. I use Lock it foundation which is a full coverage, this is applied with a sponge. I have my driest areas on my forehead and cheeks at winter. This primer absorbs so well that when i come to apply my foundation, the dryness is controlled to allow even application. Its been the primer that i have found will hydrate my skin, aswell as give a solid base for my makeup. So im over the moon and have no fear of my foundation looking dry now. Plus this primer works till my makeup was ready to be removed. Effortless and works to hydrate skin. Another absolute must repurchase. 

My lookbook

My look above was created using just Kat Von D makeup. I will have reviews on the new Eyeshadow palettes coming (I used the Chrysalis palette above). I have found so many must haves in Kat Von D's line that impress me. I will definatly repurchase many products and keep an eye out for my up coming reviews on more products from the line. 




1 comment:

  1. Hi, I enjoy reading your site! Is it okay if I contact you through email? Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Harry
    harry.roger10 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...