Sunday 8 February 2015

Kat Von D - Shade and Light palette




So Kat von D has been a brand that ive had to love on the sidelines. Sephora delivers to the UK now so finally the USA is accessible, I couldn't be happier. 


They say : 
An expert sketch artist, Kat Von D uses shadow and light to create depth and dimension in her captivating portraits, infusing them with lifelike authenticity. Take artistry shading into your own hands with this Shade & Light Contour Palette, and effortlessly sculpt, chisel, shape, and slenderize your features for enhanced definition. Unlike traditional bronzing powders, the Shade & Light Contour Palette is loaded with a unique selection of matte shades that capture the true hues of shadow and light. 


The three contour shades create realistic shadows to recede facial features, while the three highlight shades impart a soft luminosity to amplify dimension. A true artist’s palette Shade & Light, silky and build-able powders blend effortlessly into the skin. For a flawless, fade-proof finish that flatters every skin tone or face shape.

Shade and Light shades :  
Sombre - True taupe
Shadowplay - Soft brown
Subconscious - Deep brown
Lucid - Pinkish nude
Lyric - Yellow beige
Levitation - Soft peach


Kat Von D "Contour Brush & Case"


A dual-ended brush designed that is ergonomically designed with an angled end for contouring, a tapered dome end for highlighting—all encased within a sleek protective case.

Now i didnt purchase the brush that accompanys the kit. Yet i do think the case is genius, as doubled ended brushes frustrate me. Other brushes can be used, that can obtain the beautiful contour this kit offers.


The powders are beautifully fine milled and are a lightweight formula. Stunning to apply and blend, plus a matte finish to contour with. A lovely set of 3 highlighting and 3 contouring shades. The highlighting shades have a shade for each skin tone. A palest pink, yellow and neutral shade are included, these are not overwhelming so can be also used to blend with. I used these to highlight my brow bone, also used as a base colour for my eyeshadow. They are really beautiful shades to work with, no shimmer makes them so readily easy to reach for and use. 


Now the 3 contour shades go from as you would expect, light to dark with cool and warm toned shades. They are also totally matte finely milled powders, that are incredably blendable. I personally want to blend efficently but quickly. As there is nothing more fustrating then a unblendable powder. The shades are very pigmented so not much is needed. I used a small contour brush which gives precision, its also slightly firm to blend it out.

Contour using "Shade & Light"


In the above picture of me using the Kat von D haul, I used my Shade & Light palette to contour with and all highlight my face. I used Sombre (lightest shade) to carve my contour, then took Shadowplay (Medium shade) to blend and give it more definition. I used a tiny amount of Levitation to blend these two shades together, giving a lovely base to blend my blush. Then after my blush was applied, I used Lyric to highlight my upper cheekbone. This shade went on effortlessly and blended so well into my blush colour to give a beautiful finish. I also use Lyric to highlight my cupid's bow and it gave my lips beautiful definition. Im so impressed with this palette and the amount of uses it has. Its defiantly a holy grail for me, also anyone whom struggles to find contour colours.

Have you got a contour kit ? If so which one and how do you find it ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...